Congratulations! You’re engaged! It’s such an exciting time but it’s fair to say that COVID will have a major impact on your wedding plans.
Thankfully, it IS possible to create a beautiful, COVID safe wedding if you keep these tips in mind:
- Keeping everyone safe is the highest priority. This means that your wedding may be different than you expected, and you may need to rethink certain aspects of your big day. Flexibility is key.
- You will need to comply with COVID regulations and social distancing, which is tricky when they can change on short notice. Follow local and national regulations to stay up to date with events. Some brides elect to use a wedding planner to help with this.
- Venues will have their own COVID plans, and there may be limits on the number of guests due to social distancing. Venues often have creative suggestions for keeping people separate from one another, especially for dance floors and table layouts. They will have hand sanitiser readily available, and some staff may wear masks.
- When contacting wedding businesses, ask them about their rescheduling arrangements if your wedding needs to be postponed. This way, you can make an informed decision rather than risk losing your deposit.
- An outdoor wedding is preferable over an indoor one; however, it’s a good idea to have a contingency plan in place for wet weather.
- Plan and book your wedding online. Wedding businesses are eager for bookings and you may have more bargaining power in negotiating better rates. Also, consider a mid-week wedding as weekends are in high demand.
- Think about having a smaller, more intimate wedding and live-stream it for distant family and friends.
- Reimagine certain traditions such as group photographs, the receiving line, congratulatory hugging and dancing at the reception.
- If you’re not using a venue, set up your own hand sanitiser stations for guests. This can be done tastefully – think of high-end luxury toiletries in hotels and take inspiration from them. If masks and/or gloves are required, these also can be creatively reimagined.
So there you have it. A COVID safe wedding is possible if you follow our tips!