It’s a no-brainer – you want to look your absolute best on your wedding day, and that means getting a good sleep the night before.
Just one small problem.
How on earth are you going to manage that, the night before the most exciting occasion in your entire life?!
It’s not easy, but by doing a little bit of planning, you can position yourself for the best sleep possible the night before your wedding.
- Hopefully all your prep is done and dusted by the time night falls, so you can take some time-out to indulge in a back massage or even just a luxurious soak in the tub.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, both of which will work against you when it’s time to hit the sack.
- And make sure you eat a decent meal at least two hours before bedtime, to allow your body to do the hard work of digestion before you go to bed.
- Put away your phone at least two hours before bed – it upsets your circadian rhythms, making it harder to fall asleep.
- Sip a hot milo or similar, as milk contains the amino acid tryptophan, which promotes sleep.
- Lavender is famous for its relaxation properties, so add a couple of drops of lavender oil to an oil burner, or light a scented candle, in the evening hours.
- Make sure you create a playlist in the lead up to your wedding, a compilation of soothing music or the sounds of nature which will distract and lull you into a more restful state once you are in bed.
- You’re more likely to enjoy a restful night in a comfortable bed. If you are staying somewhere different, that can make it harder to sleep, so consider bringing your own pillow with you.
- We also highly recommend using a silk pillowcase – it feels soft and luxurious, and also helps prevent getting any creases on your face while you slumber.
- Even if you wear nothing else to bed, consider wearing socks especially if it is cool. Socks help your body to more quickly reach the comfortable temperature required for sleep.
Despite your best efforts, it probably won’t be the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had, which is quite understandable. Thankfully, makeup and excitement will disguise any signs of tiredness – or, you could always add a treatment such as cosmetic injectables to your pre-wedding preparation, to help you look youthful and glowy, no matter what!