Weddings are as popular today as they have ever been.
Although the media often insists that marriage is becoming unfashionable, quoting divorce and other depressing statistics, the reality is most of us dream of finding and marrying our soulmate.
Couples decided to marry for an infinite number of reasons, which may include any or all of these:
- It’s a fact – two can live more cheaply that one!
- What better excuse for a party?
- You get to dress up in a beautiful gown.
- A wedding is a great opportunity for gorgeous photos to share on social media!
- You’ll get lots of lovely presents or even cold hard cash!
- It’s a great way to make your ex jealous!
- It’ll make your parents happy – at least until they start the chant of “When do we get a grandchild?”!
- There’ll be somebody to look after you when you’re sick.
- You’ll never have to worry about who to take as your “plus one” to a wedding or other function again …
- Not to mention, a companion for travelling and holidays.
- You get to be the centre of attention – being a bride is like being a Princess for a day.
- Who needs an electric blanket with your very own spouse to warm your bed?!
- If you’ve never liked your own surname, this is your chance to acquire one that’s more to your liking!
- At last, a flatmate you will actually get along with …
- And who won’t shift out when they lose their job, fall pregnant, or travel overseas – possibly taking all your most expensive possessions, and the grocery money, with them!
- Hugs and cuddles are on tap.
- You’ll be able to raid his wardrobe for big shirts, comfy PJs and football socks.
- Peer pressure – everybody else is doing it.
- Those muscles of his will come in handy when you can’t take the lid off the jar of pasta sauce!
- You feel that people will take you more seriously as a Mrs rather than a Miss.
- Don’t have much family? No problem! Get married and join his!
- You can share the driving on long trips.
- If you want to get out of a social or other obligation, you can always blame your other half.
- Two incomes will make it easier and faster to save for a house deposit.
- And finally, the best reason of all – marry for love! Marry when you’ve realised that this person is the one that you want to be with for the rest of your life.
Of course many of these reasons have been written “tongue in cheek” … after all, getting married is one of the most important (and exciting!) decisions you will ever make. It’s a time to celebrate your love, and a declaration of your desire to share your lives from this point on.